Located in Erieau, Ontario, the Erieau Yacht Club (EYC) has set a standard of excellence among private yacht clubs for over a 100 years. Racing at Erieau started before the turn of the century beginning with large two-masted schooners that were also used for commercial fishing. Soon sailing dinghies built locally by Pop and Al Weir were the yacht of choice and an Erieau Championship Cup Race was established.
Although there was no known record of a formal organization as we know it today before 1932 those who liked sail boats held regular races on weekends and holidays except during both world wars.
Today the tradition continues with summers packed full of racing, sailing and swimming lessons for everyone in the community, as well and a packed social calendar for our members and friends. From a full racing and social calendar, regatta management, educational sailing and swimming programs and competitive racing fleets we are unequaled in service to our members, their guests and the community.
- for membership info click here
- The 2020 Children’s Summer Camp Programs will soon be available
- The 2020 schedule will be finalized soon, take a look to see what’s up already!
- Please remember our generous sponsors in your dealings throughout the year
- Race & Rules Committee Sailing Instructions posted, click here